This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light sensor occasionally stops working giving "no data from sensor"

Skwara
Star III

Asus Zenfone 10, Android 13, build WW_33.0220.0220.75 (recently updated).

Hello,

I recently observed an issue with my ZenFone 10. At some point the screen got very dark, but the brightness bar was still at a bright setting (around 50%). I am on automatic brightness. When I manually set the brightness, the screen gets bright again.

I checked the brightness sensor using the Sensor Test app. It gave a "no data from sensor" message.

When I restarted the phone, the issue got fixed, the app returned valid values, but the problem came back less than 24 hours later.

The issue started occurring only after updating to WW_33.0220.0220.75. I have been using the phone for around 2 months without this issue.

I think this thread describes the same issue for ZenFone 8.

I am open for providing logs and video, but I'm not sure how to reproduce the issue on demand. I assume enabling logs after the issue occurred doesn't make sense, but please confirm.

If you have any idea how to capture/reproduce this (@andreaemonti any ideas?), please let me know. I am familiar with the regular procedure from this thread. Worst case scenario, I will try to figure out how often it occurs and enable logs collection for the entire time, which might be days (and logs will be huge I assume).

3 REPLIES 3

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Skwara,
Can you please share the log file?

I understand that the issue is random and thus difficult to recreate. But I'd recommend you use the phone, just like you do every other day with the logging tool enabled, and take a screenshot after the issue reoccurs so the R&D can trace back to the instance. 

andreaemonti
Star II

I am sorry I won't be able to help 😞

I think I was just annoyed for some time by having to reboot once in a while (sometimes only a few hours later). But I forgot when and how, the issue disappeared. Could it be an update, or me stopping using some app that was causing the issue... no idea

Skwara
Star III

In my case the issue also just stopped occurring. I will keep an eye out and try to capture the logs if it comes back, but for now it doesn't want to 🙂