This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard and Gesture Haptics and Adaptive Brightness

Aadu
Star I

Just got the Zenfone 10. Loving it overall, but have 2 questions/issues that I'm hoping can get resolved.

1. Adaptive brightness just sometimes stops working. A restart resolves things but I'm wondering if there's a permanent fix I can do or a fix from Asus on the way. 

2. I dislike the small haptic feedback on gestures but prefer it when I'm typing.

I can only find one setting that controls both at once under "Haptic feedback for tap, keyboard, and more" is there a way to set both individually? If turn that off all the haptics for both stop and I can't get just the keyboard feedback on even if i  turn it on in keyboard settings. 

Hopefully I'm missing something or if not these settings should be split apart.

3 REPLIES 3

berto35
Rising Star II

I am with you on this one, I would like to set the haptic vibration to the keyboard only but there is not option available since the Zenfone 9, for that reason I turned off the vibration. Hopefully Asus gave us this option on the next update.

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Aadu,
Thanks for reaching out. 
The Adaptive brightness issue will be addressed in the next update.

As for the haptic feedback, I'll look into it and get back to you with more information.

I am not sure if this is related to same issue, but with latest firmware for me Adaptive Brightness stops working if I manually adjust brightness (like I need bright screen for a second), then it just gets stuck on that value I set.

Even if I go to Setting and enable/disable AB, it still doesn't automatically adjust and stays at same value. Even if I turn off lights or put phone against light source, no change.

How is this even an issue for modern phone?