This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google photos instead of gallery?

BeenBarron
Star II

Hi, I just bought the ZenFone 10 and I've now been using it for a couple of days. Absolutely love the phone! But one big problem I have is that I can't set a new default photo app. By default the phone uses the gallery app from Asus. It opens from the camera app when pressing on the preview button. As well as I'm did to open gallery when receiving images from nearby share.

However I've been using Google photos for many years now, and I really don't like the gallery app. Is there a way to change the default so that Google photos can be the app opened in the scenarios I listed above? And if not is there any plan to add the ability to switch in the future?

I know I'm not the only one out there with this problem and it seems like a big misstep on the part of Asus. Actually because they make such a big deal about being able to choose stock Android over Asus optimized when setting up the phone.

1 REPLY 1

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.