This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google pay issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I have a Zenfone 10 on android 14 and my gpay /google pay stopped working. it was working whilst on a14 but suddenly had issues with security, saying the device not certified or rooted. however, my device was never rooted and not on custom ROM. I have asked google for help but no luck. anyone have any suggestions ? tried to reinstall gpay , wallet , and I can't add my cards back to gpay now

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get this error 

Kaboom
Star III

...same here. I am on the latest WW-34.1004.0204.88 and GooglePay gives me a warning that my phone might be rooted or have the bootloader unlocked! Haha! I wish... SafetyNet check shows "CTS profile match fail" ... I followed some advice from reddit about registering my GFS ID on Google here, but now some days after it still does not work ... I opened a ticket with Asus support. Let's see how good they are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kaboom - thanks for replying. Yes, i have also followed that thread to register my android ID, but it didn't help, and my device remains CTS profile match fail. It seems the only way to fix this to root it and install magisk/modules to bypass the check - but this is isnt possible since we cant unlock the boot loader anyway!  I also raised the same case to Asus, and they have a past since zenfone 6 or 7 whereby they didnt certify the devices with google before releasing the update to users. This seems like a repeat of past mistake - hope Asus fixes this asap because Google pay has become a norm for payment in many countries!

Kaboom
Star III

Asus support was actually fast to reply. Unfortunately with basic level bullcrap suggesting I do a factory reset and wipe my phone... Ok. But I cannot change the results of the "SafetyNet" check and the newer "Play Integrity" with deleting my photos. It's up to the manufacturer to certify their hardware and software with Google. Ball is in their court again...