This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with zenfone 10

jmorales22
Star II

1) I got it and upgraded it all the way to android 14 and frankly I expected much better battery life than this. Even on ultra durable, this is not doing any better than my old Galaxy S20+

2) There is some bug preventing apps from updating data in the background unless on wifi. Despite data saver turned off, and regardless of what battery mode, and regardless of whether the app has the settings for background data, unrestricted data, enable wifi connection, enable mobile connection, unrestricted battery use, it still does this. 

Gmail and airbnb are examples. They only show me new messages when wifi is on. I can go into the apps and find new messages, but they won't alert me. All notifications are turned ON. The only difference is whether it's connected to wifi or not. I use my phone for business and not knowing when a new email is coming in, or whether a guest has messaged me on airbnb, could cost me.

4 REPLIES 4

jmorales22
Star II

Just got the new update and this is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. Now, even RCS messages DO NOT COME THROUGH except over WIFI. This is un-usable. This must be fixed immediately!

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @jmorales22,

I have reported the issue to the R&D. I'll get back to you with more information.

jmorales22
Star II

Thank you - I do have to say that over the past few days, the problem has gotten better. I initially thought the latest update did nothing but maybe it did - it just wasn't doing it right away.

Mansi_ASUS

Hi @jmorales22,

If you are still experiencing the issue, can you please share the log?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the logging tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the logging tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)