This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Rotate button that appears bottom of the screen

Ershin
Star III

Hi, just got the phone and noticed that rotate button that appears on bottom of the screen. Can't find option to disable it. My old phone didn't have it so I am confused as to where the settings are .

It's so annoying, when laying down and reading something, slight movement of the hand and it pops up and distracts. Like some sh***y pop-up ad. I almost never use rotate function so why it appear when screen rotation is disabled in settings (for a reason, not to pop up every few seconds)? Added picture how it looks like.

Even popd up when I was attaching image to this post blocking buttons...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ershin
Star III

1) Find a working USB-C cable that to connect phone to PC, because ASUS doesn't include USB connector to PC in a box.

2) Enable developer mode on phone

3) Enable USB debugging

4) Download ADB

5) Open  cmd line

6) type  "adb devices" and giving permissions on phone when promted

7) type "adb shell settings put secure show_rotation_suggestions 0" and hope it works

What a brilliant and intuitive user experience to toggle off annoying piece of **bleep** feature. Thanks ASUS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ershin
Star III

Like I read something and it has completely black background, and this useless button APPEARS out of nowhere for no reason and is ANIMATED distracting from content and blocking app UI. I can't imagine what idiot thought it's great idea to have no setting to toggle it? Android customization my ass. I feel like returning while it's 14 day return period, if this is ASUS idea of UI and customization. So annoying, like a pebble in the shoe.

I can't, this is beyond stupid. I lay my head on the pillow, not even moving phone, just slight thumb movement to turn the page and that piece of **bleep** rotation animation pops up for five seconds almost every time.

Ershin
Star III

1) Find a working USB-C cable that to connect phone to PC, because ASUS doesn't include USB connector to PC in a box.

2) Enable developer mode on phone

3) Enable USB debugging

4) Download ADB

5) Open  cmd line

6) type  "adb devices" and giving permissions on phone when promted

7) type "adb shell settings put secure show_rotation_suggestions 0" and hope it works

What a brilliant and intuitive user experience to toggle off annoying piece of **bleep** feature. Thanks ASUS!