This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 is really disappointing

M_K_E
Star II

It's unbelievably disappointing , almost no change. No lockscreen customization no new clocks,no new always on display customizations, same front camera low quality noise issues! 

1. Android 14 should bring lock screen customizations with new clocks and stuff, it's up to the manufacturer to add these features, so Asus decided to just add a slider to change the COLOR !! of the clock witch is really DISAPPOINTING!

2.look at the widgets even stock ones like the weather is not usable (a huge scaling problem still exists) another example, every other company has brought and improved on their widgets significantly. Take nothing phone Android 14 update for example and compare it to this one. This feels like a monthly security patch! their widgets feel like they are from a 2017 phone. Anywho you get Android for a lot of reasons and one of them is being able to have all these fun customization stuff, with Asus we still got one major update- (witch should be at least 3 years of update with a flag shop phone)- and now I know it's just going to be another security patch and it's really disappointing! 🥲

9 REPLIES 9

lolololo
Star I

Thanks Asus for nothing! As a Zenfone 9 user I was wating for the update because its already the last one (cheering in the Backround). But hey you decidet to ignore the only cool new feature A14 has got, the new clock widges. Selling a "flagship" phone for 850€ with zero software support is just a shame!

From the begining on I replaced all the native apps as telephone and co with the originals from google and the processing of the camera is just **bleep**. Since day one I use a G.Cam Apk wich works great.

I realy love this phone but please get your software homework done!

Thanks

262 / 5.000

Rezultati prijevoda

Rezultat prijevoda

Dear friend, I can't find the information. So Android 14 is available for Asus Zenfone 9 or? Actually, advice please... I have a great offer of €400 for a new ZF9 (8/256). Considering the poor software support, I am very hesitant to buy. What do you think?

Thank you very much!

Android 14 it's the last update on the Zenfone 9. I believe it's available.

If you want the stock experience I'd recommend a pixel phone to be honest, pixel 8 or 7 you won't get the greatest processor but you will get a great camera and software support, OnePlus, or even nothing phone 2 ! All have better support and better customizations!

Possibly the Pixel 8 maybe (because of the size). But everyone says the battery is a disaster. I do not know. If only the software support on the ZF9 was better, it would be a top device. Too bad.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!

I agree, the battery life is best in the Zenfone