This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX480FD WiFi Intel AC 9560 & Bluetooth Issue - Code 10

Jarez
Star I
Been really enjoying my Asus Zenbook over the past 2.5 years and have faced relatively minor hardware issues up until now. I have noticed previously that my internet cuts out when I am gaming and only when the graphics card is under load, this was verified using furmark, however this only happens when the laptop is plugged in, when the laptop is on battery this does not occur. I just resorted to using an external USB wifi stick and that does get around the problem but has always irritated me that WiFi cannot be used when the graphics card is under load, even when I am perhaps running an AI workload.
Now after using my laptop that night and waking up to it powered on this morning (this is another issue which I've never found a solution to, magically turning on when it wants to, tried all the windows settings...) anyway...
I noticed that the WiFi was not working and was reporting a code 10 with issues with oem180.inf on the vwifibus. At 7:36am it reported an error on the event viewer that the network adapter has reported an invalid value to the driver, followed by the bluetooth error flagged 2 seconds later. From some detective work I noticed that it tried to do a windows update at 22:13 (9 hours before) on "intel extension 22.1120.0.1" but failed:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-extension-22107001/ee20ccb5-7520-4835-ae43-58cb1662594e?page=1
Intel Extension 22.1070.0.1 - Microsoft Community. The symptoms are exactly identical to that reported in these forums previously with sudden failures occurring:
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46648/asus-zenbook-ux433fn-network-card-problems
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/38060/ux480fd-error-10-intel-wireless-ac-9560-screenpad-down
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58139/asus-ux333fn-wifi-and-bluetooth-issue-ac-9560-code-10
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50857/encountered-some-problems
I have spent a day trying to remedy this but to no avail, done a complete driver uninstall, network reset, windows update, restore point and nothing has worked the only change I noticed was that it no longer reported an unknown USB device and now instead reports a problem with the bluetooth device as in link 3. Tried driver easy and brought PRO version as well out of frustration and it still doesn't work. Messed around with all the advanced WiFi settings, such as changing bands, output power, SMPS modes and that doesn't make a difference, nor does whether it is on battery or not like before with the graphics card usage.
I am quite frustrated with this and would much rather use the dual band Intel chipset as it is much faster than a WiFi dongle and far more convenient as I am on the move quite a lot. I do not want to try BIOS rollbacks, complete reinstall of Windows or sending it back to the manufacturer as I need my laptop on a daily basis to carry out my research, it is absolutely critical and I cant risk messing it up further or not having it even for a couple of days. I have seen from the comments to links 1,2,3,4 that these are very unlikely to remedy the problem anyway.
Since reading all of these in great detail, I haven't seen that there has been a clear solution to this problem if any. But I hope to at least engage people to try and attempt fixes, I really do think it is software related as it was from the next wakeup after the failed update. Even if it is something that can be tried in hardware, I will be open to try that also, albeit extremely hesitant. I will also post this on the intel forums to see if anything comes out of that.
Look very forward to any feedback on this.
Regards, Jarez

7 REPLIES 7

Falcon_ASUS
Jarez

Been really enjoying my Asus Zenbook over the past 2.5 years and have faced relatively minor hardware issues up until now. I have noticed previously that my internet cuts out when I am gaming and only when the graphics card is under load, this was verified using furmark, however this only happens when the laptop is plugged in, when the laptop is on battery this does not occur. I just resorted to using an external USB wifi stick and that does get around the problem but has always irritated me that WiFi cannot be used when the graphics card is under load, even when I am perhaps running an AI workload.

Now after using my laptop that night and waking up to it powered on this morning (this is another issue which I've never found a solution to, magically turning on when it wants to, tried all the windows settings...) anyway...

I noticed that the WiFi was not working and was reporting a code 10 with issues with oem180.inf on the vwifibus. At 7:36am it reported an error on the event viewer that the network adapter has reported an invalid value to the driver, followed by the bluetooth error flagged 2 seconds later. From some detective work I noticed that it tried to do a windows update at 22:13 (9 hours before) on "intel extension 22.1120.0.1" but failed:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-extension-22107001/ee20ccb5-7520-4835-ae43-58cb1662594e?page=1

Intel Extension 22.1070.0.1 - Microsoft Community. The symptoms are exactly identical to that reported in these forums previously with sudden failures occurring:

1. zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46648/asus-zenbook-ux433fn-network-card-problems
  2. zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/38060/ux480fd-error-10-intel-wireless-ac-9560-screenpad-down
  3. zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58139/asus-ux333fn-wifi-and-bluetooth-issue-ac-9560-code-10
  4. zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50857/encountered-some-problems

I have spent a day trying to remedy this but to no avail, done a complete driver uninstall, network reset, windows update, restore point and nothing has worked the only change I noticed was that it no longer reported an unknown USB device and now instead reports a problem with the bluetooth device as in link 3. Tried driver easy and brought PRO version as well out of frustration and it still doesn't work. Messed around with all the advanced WiFi settings, such as changing bands, output power, SMPS modes and that doesn't make a difference, nor does whether it is on battery or not like before with the graphics card usage.

I am quite frustrated with this and would much rather use the dual band Intel chipset as it is much faster than a WiFi dongle and far more convenient as I am on the move quite a lot. I do not want to try BIOS rollbacks, complete reinstall of Windows or sending it back to the manufacturer as I need my laptop on a daily basis to carry out my research, it is absolutely critical and I cant risk messing it up further or not having it even for a couple of days. I have seen from the comments to links 1,2,3,4 that these are very unlikely to remedy the problem anyway.

Since reading all of these in great detail, I haven't seen that there has been a clear solution to this problem if any. But I hope to at least engage people to try and attempt fixes, I really do think it is software related as it was from the next wakeup after the failed update. Even if it is something that can be tried in hardware, I will be open to try that also, albeit extremely hesitant. I will also post this on the intel forums to see if anything comes out of that.

Look very forward to any feedback on this.

Regards, Jarez

Zenbook UX480FD WiFi Intel AC 9560 & Bluetooth Issue - Code 10
@Jarez
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - Wireless Network Problems | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Jarez95
Star I
Hi, I have been following this up further in the Intel forums:
community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Wireless-AC-9560-and-Bluetooth-Code-10/td-p/1394975
And Microsoft Forums:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/wireless-and-bluetooth-not-working-after-windows/ee2c453c-d1a5-4f78-91e2-069a8933f12a
Intel however, claim it is a hardware issue, however I have seen multiple posts on the internet through various forums with the exact same problem. I have also booted into Ubuntu and seen that it is also not functioning in there either. So if it is a hardware issue, either Intel or Microsoft have caused it.

i has same problem as you, did you find solution for fix this problem ?
zenbook ux333fn (2018 ) wifi & bluetooth not show with error 10 in device manager, asus service center give me solution to replace main board. The crazy solution they provide, why should I buy a problematic product again at a price equivalent to a new item. i read on this forum many experienced it too. But there is no right solution. I predict that there is a quality problem in this zenbook hardware. But there is nothing we can do but accept it, just buy external dongle wifi & bluetooth, it is the best solution at the moment.

screenshot-2022-07-25-091319.png
screenshot-2022-07-25-091344.png

Falcon_ASUS
ferryseptiansusanto

i has same problem as you, did you find solution for fix this problem ?

zenbook ux333fn (2018 ) wifi & bluetooth not show with error 10 in device manager, asus service center give me solution to replace main board. The crazy solution they provide, why should I buy a problematic product again at a price equivalent to a new item. i read on this forum many experienced it too. But there is no right solution. I predict that there is a quality problem in this zenbook hardware. But there is nothing we can do but accept it, just buy external dongle wifi & bluetooth, it is the best solution at the moment.

screenshot-2022-07-25-091319.png

screenshot-2022-07-25-091344.png

View post
@ferryseptiansusanto
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.