Battery or AC: both
Model: s13 ux392fn PURE2
Frequency of occurrence: twice in a month - randomly. Lasts a day or so
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have had this ux392fn for a month.
On 2 random occasions in the past month the touchpad has behaved strangely: the touchpad does not register mouse movement or two finger scroll when the motion begins anywhere in the top ~2cm of the pad.
If, however, the touch motion begins from below this point the pad registers mouse movement and two finger scrolling as usual, and the sensitivity to motion will then extend above this 2cm dead zone at the top of the pad. It's like the touchpad suddenly decides to extend an area of insensitivity at the top. I have tried system restart but this does not fix it. Last time it happened it resolved itself automatically, but this is very annoying if it will continue to occur at random instances. It is currently happening.
8 REPLIES 8

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Adjust the touchpad settings.
I could not able to understand what you told.

tombatch
Star I
Ok, so...the touchpad becomes unresposive in the top 2cm. This happens randomly, and lasts about a day or two. Then it returns to normal and functions properly. This is without me doing anything with the touchpad hardware or software. This is clearly an error, not some settings that I can adjust. It is very annoying because two-finger scrolling becomes difficult. The laptop is only 1 month old, it has happened a few times already

tombatch
Star I
for a $1300 laptop this is frankly unacceptable

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
tombatch

for a $1300 laptop this is frankly unacceptable

View post
Sorry iam not using your model laptop.
Try with Microsoft builtin touchpad driver, remove asus driver.