cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX3402ZA Black screen

bobsonian
Star II

Hi all,

My Zenbook  14 OLED (bought last November) is turning on but there are no keyboard lights and the screen is black, I've tried a hard reset several times but with no luck.  The laptop itself is turning on, I've attached an external display and this also doesn't work. I tried connecting an external keyboard and it appears there is no power to the USB 3 port as no lights came on.

If the laptop is powered off I cannot turn it on again unless I perform a hard reset, the lights comes on then blinks and goes off.

Does anyone have alternative ways to fix this or is this a return/repair job?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bobsonian
Star II

Technical support asked me to RMA the laptop

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello,  bobsonian and thank you for reaching out.

May I ask if this happens after any software or hardware changes?

After pressing the power button and there is no response on the screen, the power light will be on or off?
If it is off, please refer to Solution #1, and if it is on, please refer to Solution #2 at the following link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014276/

If there is an inoperable part of the process, please let me know what it is.

Thank you.

bobsonian
Star II

Hi, thanks for the response. I've tried all troubleshooting articles, the laptop is not booting to Windows and there is no response from the keyboard or screen.

I used the laptop on Saturday night, when I opened the lid on Sunday morning the laptop was already on and warm, I believe an update was done overnight which included a bios update that was released on 3rd Jan and the bios update didn't work which is why I have no screen or keyboard.

Hello,  bobsonian .

Does the black screen happen after updating the BIOS? Did the BIOS update manually or automatically?

If possible, please cross-test with an external monitor and verify that at least one device shows a signal.

Thank you.

Hi, I believe the update was automatic.  I had a notification there was an update ready on Saturday night which I didn't install.  Looks like it automatically updated overnight, external monitor gives 'No Signal'.