Star I
Battery or AC: Both...
Model: UX3402ZA OLED
Frequency of occurrence: 100%
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: N/A
System: UX3402ZA/ Q409ZA-EVO.I5256BL (BestBuy)S========================
Detailed description:
Bought it brand new from BestBuy, Everything worked just fine, Went in and did Windows updates, which updated the BIOS and since then I've lost audio despite trying different drivers etc, There has been no success. Under Device manager I see a Yellow mark next to Intel smart sound technology oed and it says " fw did not send fw ready"
Also on top of this even with a fresh clean install of Windows 11 it takes 1 min and over 1 min from a cold boot. Performance of it is fast once booted just no sound and booting is very slow / glitchy. At times having to turn it off & back on again several times to get it to post.
This seems like a BIOS issue
11 REPLIES 11

hpad
Star I
Currently running the latest BIOS 303. Any beta BIOS for me to try out for this?

Falcon_ASUS
hpad
  1. Battery or AC: Both...
  2. Model: UX3402ZA OLED
  3. Frequency of occurrence: 100%
  4. Reset OS: Yes
  5. Screenshot or video: N/A

System: UX3402ZA/ Q409ZA-EVO.I5256BL (BestBuy)S========================

Detailed description:

Bought it brand new from BestBuy, Everything worked just fine, Went in and did Windows updates, which updated the BIOS and since then I've lost audio despite trying different drivers etc, There has been no success. Under Device manager I see a Yellow mark next to Intel smart sound technology oed and it says " fw did not send fw ready"

Also on top of this even with a fresh clean install of Windows 11 it takes 1 min and over 1 min from a cold boot. Performance of it is fast once booted just no sound and booting is very slow / glitchy. At times having to turn it off & back on again several times to get it to post.

This seems like a BIOS issue

Zenbook UX3402 Sound Broken and Slow boot times
@hpad
Have you tried reinstalling the audio driver?
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the Sound (Speakers/Microphones) problems on ASUS laptops | ...

hpad
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/60422/zenbook-ux3402-sound-broken-and-slow-boot-times

@hpad

Have you tried reinstalling the audio driver?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015070/

View post
Tons of times. Its 1000% related to the BIOS or Intel CSME.

The Sound driver shows up, Can control the volume in windows, but theres no sound. But something Intel smart sound technology oed is whats causing it. Its deff bios or some sort of firmware related.

There was a new bios released 304 yesterday still didnt fix it. It is strange there has been a ton of bios updates in a short time for this model.

Along with if I remove all the drivers for the audio the laptop boots fast! But when enabled the laptop takes forever to boot along with having to turn it off and on again a ton of times before it'll even post

Falcon_ASUS
hpad

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/212203#Comment_212203

Tons of times. Its 1000% related to the BIOS or Intel CSME.

The Sound driver shows up, Can control the volume in windows, but theres no sound. But something Intel smart sound technology oed is whats causing it. Its deff bios or some sort of firmware related.

There was a new bios released 304 yesterday still didnt fix it. It is strange there has been a ton of bios updates in a short time for this model.

Along with if I remove all the drivers for the audio the laptop boots fast! But when enabled the laptop takes forever to boot along with having to turn it off and on again a ton of times before it'll even post

View post
@hpad
Could you please tell me the system version, BIOS version, and audio driver version you are currently using? I will report back to the tech team for confirmation, thank you.
Which version of Windows operating system am I running?[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS Global