Star I
System: Laptop
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX305F
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello All, I just updated BIOS (using an external USB drive) on my ZenBook UX305F with the BIOS I downloaded from Asus website (version UX305FA-AS.216). The BIOS update took the new version of the file and it seemed like everything was going well with the installation till the software installation went into a restart and the laptop never restarted. I tried hard reset (> 40 Seconds with both Battery and charger removed) and it looks like the BIOS upgrade bricked my laptop. There is battery light (on the side) when I connect the adapter and I don't see power button light coming up or the light bulb (LED) on the side come up either. Any help to recover and get back would be appreciated. Thanks, Sunny
10 REPLIES 10

octavia
Star I
Hi
I would recommend that you should consider a clean install of your existing Windows 10. You can use below guide by Greg Carmack, MVP for this purpose. This is the best method to perform a clean install of Windows 10. (If you want to rescue your files, there is a section Rescue Files when Windows Won't Start)
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved

zenSunny
Star I
octavia

Hi

I would recommend that you should consider a clean install of your existing Windows 10. You can use below guide by Greg Carmack, MVP for this purpose. This is the best method to perform a clean install of Windows 10. (If you want to rescue your files, there is a section Rescue Files when Windows Won't Start)

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved

View post
Thanks for your comments.. I'm not even able to get the Laptop to power up, leave alone a clean install on windows 10... so, getting the Laptop to come up is my first task.. 🙂
You mentioned a guide above, can you please post the link? Thanks

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi
Perhaps this can help you... good luck
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=18-lOq1XQiA

zenSunny
Star I
Is there a way to remove the CMOS battery for this BIOS to be reset?