This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX303LN BIOS update failure and boot options (esc + power on/off) failure

ZT-d5e3935b
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX303LN
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: As the title mentioned, my UX303LN cannot log into boot option by pressing Esc + power on/off, unless I hard shut down by pressing power for 8 seconds. I tried to update BIOS (there is a new BIOS firmware on support site) but failed to update this BIOS. It seems the problem of failing boot option is after this failure of updating BIOS. Is there any solution?
Another problem I have now is I tried to clean install Windows 10 again by using USB, however, the problem is now it does not allow me to install Windows 10 onto C drive. I tried Aomei backupper to restore a system backup, but failed. Now I am stuck, can anyone offer solutions please? Thanks
Anthony
2 REPLIES 2

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Anthony,
May you provide some screenshot of the situation you encountered?
Like which step were you stuck at? What are the error message?
[Notebook] Update BIOS - How to update BIOS with EZ Flash | Official Support | ASUS Global[Windows 10] How to create and use installation media to reinstall Windows 10 via USB drive | Offici...
Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
anthonywkho@gmail.com
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: UX303LN
  4. Frequency of occurrence: All the time
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: As the title mentioned, my UX303LN cannot log into boot option by pressing Esc + power on/off, unless I hard shut down by pressing power for 8 seconds. I tried to update BIOS (there is a new BIOS firmware on support site) but failed to update this BIOS. It seems the problem of failing boot option is after this failure of updating BIOS. Is there any solution?

Another problem I have now is I tried to clean install Windows 10 again by using USB, however, the problem is now it does not allow me to install Windows 10 onto C drive. I tried Aomei backupper to restore a system backup, but failed. Now I am stuck, can anyone offer solutions please? Thanks

Anthony

Zenbook UX303LN BIOS update failure and boot options (esc + power on/off) failure
once do bios reset , then configure it again