Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UM433DA will not wake from sleep and overheats when closed

thomasgospod
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: When opening the laptop will stay in sleep mode and can only be reset with a 10 second power button hard reset
Model: UM 433DA -A5016T 14" FHD Ryzen 5 3500U
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: No

Hey there So i have just received this zenbook UM433DA- A5016T 14" FHD Ryzen 5 3500U and ive run into a pretty frequent occurance of the laptop staying in sleep mode when i open it. The only way i can get it to work is if a hold the power button down and then reset it. Also when this happens the laptop gets extremely hot when closed even though nothing is or should be running. Ive had the laptop for 3 days only and this is already a concern. Also had wifi connectivity issues but that seems to have been resolved somehow. Any help would be great thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

tomi
Star II
This is sad to hear. This feature is crucial on laptops and ASUS should pay immediate attention on this! We have 6 laptops in the family and this one is newest and the only one which fails with suspend. Even my oldest Asus laptop suspends without issues (same OS, Manjaro KDE Plasma 20.0.3 with latest 5.7 Linux kernel).

curtis_100
Star I
Any updates on this issue? @tomi, I'm considering purchasing the UM433DA to run Manjaro on it just like you - are you still finding this problem happens? (Also, as an aside, how does the touchpad number pad handle on Manjaro?)

aakko
Star I
I'm also facing this issue with my UM425 using Manjaro linux kernel 5.8.1-3. S3: suspend is disabled by default, but I got around this by creating custom device tree and now suspend to ram woks, but waking up doesn't: When trying to wake up from suspend state leds are lit, cpu does something (I can hear fan starting), but nothing works. So is there any plans to support S3 with these Asus Zenbooks? Seems like S3 support is missing atleast from UM425 and UM433...

tomi
Star II
@curtis.100 No progress here. Actually I got a email earlier from ASUS that they have no support for Linux users. So they don't even bother to investigate this further even though suspend is not working in Windows either. Looks like this is going to be my last Asus...