This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UM425IA - The battery won't charge and the battery indicator is blinking

daniel_dopiriak
Star II
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Asus zenbook UM425IA
Frequency of occurrence: once per week
Reset OS: I did not try
Screenshot or video: unfortunately I don't have any video, next time that will occur I will record one.
========================
Detailed description: Sometimes my laptop won't charge.. (it's showing that it's charging but it's not), I tried reinstalling the battery drivers but it won't help. Only way which helped was restarting the laptop several times and on the 5th time it worked. (this happened like 4 days ago for the 3rd time or so.) When I ran the MyAsus hardware diagnostics it showed problems with adapter. After restart everything was fine.
The battery indicator on the left was blinking.
+
This issue: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112451#Comment_112451 The led next to the power button was also blinking.

image.png
Here is screenshot... I did get this problem now also when the battery is charging.
+ I did get the battery problem which never happened before
image.png

14 REPLIES 14

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
euniceee

Hey @Blake_ASUS

I am using UM425IA and just received this laptop on 1 October. I have the same problem; orange flicking LED light when charging. I tried to download the BIOS file but I am unable to since my battery is below 20%. What can I do?

View post
Hi,
Then...you may plug in the adapter and then wait until it is charged over 20%?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
zoecombe

I bought this laptop on the 28th September and am having the same problem. How do I solve this?

View post
Hi,
Please update to BIOS 306.
Thank you.

pappano
Star I
windtreader

i have the same problem as the threadstarter, same model um425ia, a windows update made somewhere last week started to give problems in charging since last tuesday 15 Sept. the asus bios update was also launched during the update but i continued by clicking ok. my serial number is L7N0LP021274305, after running the hardware checkup, it says there may be a issue with the adapter, but the laptop was just bought in 6 Sept.

View post
HI there @windtreader , may I ask if your zenbook is the one with the Ryzen 4700u or 4500u? I think I may have exactly the same problem as yours.

jfaus
Star I
Hi,
I have the same problem on UM425IA
I know that i must upgrade to bios 306 or higher 307.
I downloaded this bios.
But when PC reboot and i enter in BIOS and EZ Flash 3, although i put my USB key formatted in FAT32, the bios UX425IAAS.306 and the usb key are not seen by the system and i can not upgrade.
Why this EZ flash 3 i unable to recognize this USB key ?
PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
PS : In Windows, i see also that device System Firmware is not working correctly and give CODE 14 or CODE 10. And asking details on it, it says UX425IA.307 in pilote details at end of line and driver version is 10.1.2.307
2020 November 21th

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
jfaus

Hi,

I have the same problem on UM425IA

I know that i must upgrade to bios 306 or higher 307.

I downloaded this bios.

But when PC reboot and i enter in BIOS and EZ Flash 3, although i put my USB key formatted in FAT32, the bios UX425IAAS.306 and the usb key are not seen by the system and i can not upgrade.

Why this EZ flash 3 i unable to recognize this USB key ?

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

PS : In Windows, i see also that device System Firmware is not working correctly and give CODE 14 or CODE 10. And asking details on it, it says UX425IA.307 in pilote details at end of line and driver version is 10.1.2.307

2020 November 21th

View post
Hello jfaus,
Have you disabled the Security Boot Control?
Windows 10 - How to boot the system from USB drive/CD-ROM? | Official Support | ASUS GlobalThank you.