This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook Pro 14 Duo i9 12th gen UX582 connect 3 external 4k monitors for office work

darkwitch
Star I
System: Win11Pro
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX8402ZE-M3023X
Frequency of occurrence: n/a
Reset OS: n/a
Screenshot or video: n/a
========================
Detailed description:

Thanks for the input on the ux582 I received here, I had the laptop for a few days and it worked as advertised.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63791/zenbook-pro-duo-i9-12th-gen-ux582-connect-3-external-4k...

But the ux582 was a bit too large, So now I'm considering purchasing the UX8402ZE-M3023X (i9-12700H, RTX 3050 Ti) for office and travel work - and same questions arose. In the office I have 3x 4k 27" monitors (DELL U2720Q), they support:

USB-C / DP 1.4

HDMI 2,0 (HDCP 1,4/HDCP 2,2)

In the office I'll be using just the external screens. I Understand to provide adequate cooling the laptop should be kept open. Some questions though:

Can I connect the ux582 to 3 external monitors using both USB-C and HDMI of the laptop at the same time?
Will I get 4k / 60Hz on all screens? If not which ones?
Will the screen pad still work or does it have to disabled?
Will all external screens have the same 'dim' level (I've read some reports that some usb-c ports provide dimmer look in some cases)
Are there any other limitations I should know about?
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
darkwitch

System: Win11Pro

Battery or AC: AC

Model: UX8402ZE-M3023X

Frequency of occurrence: n/a

Reset OS: n/a

Screenshot or video: n/a

========================

Detailed description:

Thanks for the input on the ux582 I received here, I had the laptop for a few days and it worked as advertised.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63791/zenbook-pro-duo-i9-12th-gen-ux582-connect-3-external-4k...

But the ux582 was a bit too large, So now I'm considering purchasing the UX8402ZE-M3023X (i9-12700H, RTX 3050 Ti) for office and travel work - and same questions arose. In the office I have 3x 4k 27" monitors (DELL U2720Q), they support:

USB-C / DP 1.4

HDMI 2,0 (HDCP 1,4/HDCP 2,2)

In the office I'll be using just the external screens. I Understand to provide adequate cooling the laptop should be kept open. Some questions though:

Can I connect the ux582 to 3 external monitors using both USB-C and HDMI of the laptop at the same time?

Will I get 4k / 60Hz on all screens? If not which ones?

Will the screen pad still work or does it have to disabled?

Will all external screens have the same 'dim' level (I've read some reports that some usb-c ports provide dimmer look in some cases)

Are there any other limitations I should know about?

ZenBook Pro 14 Duo i9 12th gen UX582 connect 3 external 4k monitors for office work
@darkwitch
1.Can I connect the "UX8402ZE" to 3 external monitors using both USB-C and HDMI of the laptop?
>>Yes.
2.Will I get 4k / 60Hz on all screens? If not which ones?
>>Yes.
3.Will the screen pad still work or does it have to disabled?
>>It can be used normally without disabled.
4.Will all external screens have the same 'dim' level (I've read some reports that some ports provide dimmer look)
>>This is determined by the external LCD itself.
Thank you.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.