This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook OLED UX3405 turn off laptop screen

Hello everyone,
I've recently purchased this lovely laptop and so far it's great! As I'm usually using one or two monitors and don't need the screen on the laptop for most of the time, I was wondering if I can completely turn the screen off to prevent the OLED burn in? There used to be an F function for it, but I can only make it very dim, but can't completely turn it off.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks
Mike

8 REPLIES 8

LexterJ
Star II

There is: Go to Windows Settings -> System-> Diplay Screenshot 2024-05-01 222237.jpg

In the selected box there is and option Show only screen 1 or 2. 
Choose the one you need and the second one goes off while the other one is connected to you pc. 

Falcon_ASUS

@michal_vlkovic
As suggested by other user, you can adjust the display settings of your system to show the screen on the second monitor. Thank you.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, that's a workaround I don't want. I want the screen to be ready just turned off, the same as I´d turn the backlight off only. Why the screen cannot be dimmed so it´s fully turned off?

Thanks

If you use this method the screen will be truned off.

Your pc remembers the configuration you set and every time you connect the same secondary screen to your pc, it will automaticaly use those configuration.