System: windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX482EG Zenbook Duo 2021
Frequency of occurrence: Just happened now
Reset OS: Unable to boot or post
Screenshot or video: No screen
========================
Detailed description:
My Zenbook Duo just bricked during normal use (not gaming or anything). It now won't turn on, no LEDs when plugged into AC. No screen backlight or keyboard lights come on when I press the power button. If I hold the button for 20 seconds, the fans spin at full speed until I let go, but still no power light shows.

I've had this laptop 4 months so I'm very disappointed if this is a hardware failure. I have been gladly recommending this device to others on the internet but i am deeply ashamed by this incident @Blake_ASUS
Do you know what I can try or any recent updates that might have caused this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
If you have long pressed the power button and the device still doesn't boot up, then please send the device to our service center to check on the motherboard.
So far there is not similar feedback. I will pay attention to it.
Thank you.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Just an update,

I received the device back from service and the motherboard replacement was under warranty. The GPU is not fully detected yet but I'm sure this will be fixed by drivers eventually over the next few days.

ZT-1229b48b
Star I
I am having a problem with my ASUS ZENBOOK UX482 DUO. There used to be a nice animation video "SCREENPAD+" in my second display. I checked on the internet and found that I don't have a "ScreenPad.wmv" file in ScreenXpert folder. @potatosubwoofer or anyone Can you please email me the file and the wallpaper?
I would be forever grateful to you!
Sorry for being out of topic.
Email: gauravpradhan1830@hotmail.com