This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook 14 UX3402VA f10 hotkey light always on

prometheus
Star I

I cannot turn the orange light on my f10 key off no matter what I do. The camera app can always open the camera so the issues is not just the light being on. I've tried using the hotkey, restarting the pc, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling MyAsus app, deleting and installing windows updates and updating BIOS. Using the input/output option in the BIOS resulted in the camera app not being able to find the camera but the light was still on. The light comes on every time the pc starts and the light always comes on after the pc boots up. I'm honestly lost and don't know what to do. The issue seems to be software based but nothing  solves it. Appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@prometheus
In general, it is recommended to restore the BIOS to default settings. You can refer to the following for guidance.
[Notebook/AIO] How to restore BIOS settings

If the problem persists, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center for further confirmation.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Falcon_ASUS

@prometheus
Please enter Safe Mode to verify if the issue persists. 
If it does not, the problem you encountered may be caused by third-party software.
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode
Since the process of systematically eliminating third-party software can be time-consuming, you may consider backing up your data and restoring the system. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Since posting the problem I have reset the computer and the issue persists. So I am not sure what to do.

I think either it is a problem with the imbuilt software of the circuits have gone haywire.

camilasaunder89
Rising Star I

Try to change the settings in your BIOS, then switch off the laptop and power it on again.