This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook 13 OLED (UX325, 11th Gen Intel) camera unrecognized

rscano
Star I
Hi, since some updates in Windows 11, with the last driver (2022-01-01 Version V10.0.22000.20193) and also with previous, camera is recognized only when you install drivers. After reboot, at startup is not recognized. When i go back to periphericals management, i see that in USB there is a unknown element. Removing it, reinstalling drivers it works until the next reboot. Seems like every reboot loses .inf data for camera. Only when drivers are loaded first time, camera is available in periphericals management. In the other cases, is not available.
So, camera works, seems to be a USB controller / driver issue. I've contacted support (italian) and said that need to wait for another driver version, but i would like to know if this is a know issue or if i need to wait without timing for a new driver 🙂
11 REPLIES 11

Falcon_ASUS
rscano

Hi, since some updates in Windows 11, with the last driver (2022-01-01 Version V10.0.22000.20193) and also with previous, camera is recognized only when you install drivers. After reboot, at startup is not recognized. When i go back to periphericals management, i see that in USB there is a unknown element. Removing it, reinstalling drivers it works until the next reboot. Seems like every reboot loses .inf data for camera. Only when drivers are loaded first time, camera is available in periphericals management. In the other cases, is not available.

So, camera works, seems to be a USB controller / driver issue. I've contacted support (italian) and said that need to wait for another driver version, but i would like to know if this is a know issue or if i need to wait without timing for a new driver 🙂

Zenbook 13 OLED (UX325, 11th Gen Intel) camera unrecognized
@rscano
Could you please provide me the BIOS version and system version you are currently using?
Please also provide me with a screenshot of the error screen from the device manager.
Thank you.

rscano
Star I
Sure. Bios version: Version 308 2021/12/25 
system version: Windows 11 Home V. 21H2 build 22000.556
No other update in MyAsus

rscano
Star I
Another note. When reboot, it works with old driver V10.0.19041.20173_21805. Then stop to work when reboot or when system came back from suspend mode. Seems like the driver don't "restart" with system restart.

Falcon_ASUS
rscano

Sure. Bios version: Version 308 2021/12/25 

system version: Windows 11 Home V. 21H2 build 22000.556

No other update in MyAsus

image2.jpg

View post
@rscano
I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.