This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 black screen of death with no cursor on to the Screen

Janewincent
Star I
I have a black screen of death, no cursor, no way to get into safe mode, totally and utterly unresponsive
Monitor would even say no video signal detected, tried the on board video, same story, and there is nothing I can do to make anything show up on the screen.
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Which model are you using?
Please refer to below link.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Notebook cannot power on and shows black screen | Official Support | AS...Thank you.

octavia
Star I
Hi,
I would like to help!!
Please follow the steps below.
Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.
If your PC does not detect the media automatically
During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the Boot Order, then press Enter.
Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select Advanced Options >Startup Repair
Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
Click Repair your computer.
Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
If it doesn't fix the issue then go to Command Prompt under Advanced Options.
Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press ENTER. This command will rebuild Boot Configuration data by scanning all disks for installations. Doing this will fix any damage to boot sector, which actually require for booting into a PC.
please let me know if you need further help!!

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Janewincent

I have a black screen of death, no cursor, no way to get into safe mode, totally and utterly unresponsive

Monitor would even say no video signal detected, tried the on board video, same story, and there is nothing I can do to make anything show up on the screen.

Windows 10 black screen of death with no cursor on to the Screen
Monitor is separate , but are you connected to laptop or desktop motherboard?
remove Monitor cable on both sides, clean the monitor ports, clean video ports on the motherboard too.
Also, remove RAM modules from the motherboard clean gold plates on RAM with a white eraser properly.,
Reinsert RAM modules, connect cable properly.
Also if possible, download and read the motherboard user manual fully including troubleshooting tips