Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX8402ZE Thunderbolt Ports?

Roccobot
Star I

System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zenbook Pro Duo 14 (UX8402ZE.307)
Bios: 307
GOP Version: 21.0.1046
EC Version: F00A2240A.310
Frequency of occurrence: Always

-----------

Windows is not detecting any Thunderbolt 3 or 4 devices as Thunderbolt. I have tried several adapters and a powered Thunderbolt dock without any luck. The cables are the proper speed/type and most of these devices I was attempting to use are actually display port adapters (attempting to use GPU for display port NOT HDMI). The ports function as USB-C ports but clearly have limitations in this mode. I have made sure everything is up to date according to Asus and Intel (though I feel like there are other chipset drivers that are probably better that I don't know about). This is from a factory windows image only a few months old.

#1 Are both USB-C ports Thunderbolt? (follow up is the Nvidia GPU linked to them or is it just Intel)

#2 How does one get Windows to recognize the Thunderbolt devices (yes I am using the Intel Thunderbolt control center and device manager)

12 REPLIES 12

I found a user inquiring Intel Community about his firewire device connected to an apple thunderbolt and it didn't work. I think that the problem comes from the driver of its device. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/Thunderbolt-4-drivers-not-installed-in-my-laptop/m-p/14013... 

For my Caldigit TS4 element hub, the Caldigit support informs users that its drivers may be needed only when the computer cannot detect the product. For my UX8402ZE, it can detect the device and work perfectly. 

I attached the info of my device just for allowing you to see that may be the problem is your device drivers are not compatible to this zenbook. 

The mention below from Caldigit allowed me not to try to install its drivers. 

"*Last updated on 07/06/21. This driver is provided as a courtesy. Only use it if you are unable to obtain the latest Thunderbolt software from your PC manufacturer."

FongPoui
Rising Star II

At your place, I would contack the support of your device. Like my Caldigit, there are complete details that I want to know. What is the brand of your device? 

https://www.caldigit.com/element-hub-support/ 

FongPoui
Rising Star II

From your attached picture, USB4 (TM) Host Router is a thunderbolt 4 manager by Microsoft. From my understanding, it means that recent thunderbolt devices have no need to install any special drivers.