This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX636JA stuck at 0.19Ghz, power issues

alex_solla
Star I
System: Asus Zenbook, Windows 10 Home (latest build, SB0H or whatever)
Battery or AC: AC, but battery has problems too
Model: UX363JA
Frequency of occurrence: constant
Reset OS: Yes, I tried that
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I bought my laptop about 6 months ago, and I am having problems with it. There are two main symptoms:
The laptop won't run on battery power even thought it says it is 100% charged, and I have to do hard shut downs to get it to turn on with AC sometimes. This is frequent to constant.
The laptop runs at 0.19Ghz at all times. This is constant.
I am working on number 2 specifically today, though I am hoping the solution will fix 1 as well. While I was trying to figure out the battery power issue, I did all the steps in the tech article (install latest BIOS, power reset, full system restore, etc). I never did find a solution for it. Like I said, I am working on #2 today.
So back to #2: the most important thing I have figured out is that this is apparently a software issue, since booting Windows in safe mode fixed the stuck CPU speed.
I have installed all the latest drivers on the Asus site.

1 REPLY 1

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello alex,
1.Have you ever disconnect all external device and cable, then long press the power button for 40 seconds?
If the issue is still not solved, then please kindly send the device to service center to check for the hardware.
2.If there is no issue in Safe mode, meaning that it's some driver that you installed. Maybe you may try to reset the laptop, and just let Windows update run itself?
Windows 10 - How to restore the system to factory default settings? | Official Support | ASUS GlobalThank you.