Battery or AC:
Model: UX580GD
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
My Zenbook Pro ux580gd fell on the floor from a considerable height and the top case is damaged. Both the hardware and the touch display are fully functional but I can't fold entirely the laptop. I detached the screen from the case (which was glued) and I tried to straighten the case but it's impossible to correct it perfectly so the display will stay a bit bended. So, my question is: do you think it's possible to find a case for the display, even though asus sells only the entire top of the laptop for $1000? I searched the internet but I didn't find the top case.....

Thank you,
Cristian
20210308-181749.jpg
20210308-181758.jpg
20210308-181854.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
cristian_motiu
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: UX580GD
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello,

My Zenbook Pro ux580gd fell on the floor from a considerable height and the top case is damaged. Both the hardware and the touch display are fully functional but I can't fold entirely the laptop. I detached the screen from the case (which was glued) and I tried to straighten the case but it's impossible to correct it perfectly so the display will stay a bit bended. So, my question is: do you think it's possible to find a case for the display, even though asus sells only the entire top of the laptop for $1000? I searched the internet but I didn't find the top case.....

Thank you,

Cristian

20210308-181749.jpg

20210308-181758.jpg

20210308-181854.jpg

UX580GD Replace only top case, whitout display
this problem will get solved by asus service center immediately.
but physical damage is not covered under warranty..
dont use display to avoid more serious to get problems.
there are some special company Which top and bottom cases with good quality, using those cases we can fitt.
but display is from asus ( reputed manufacturer will produce display for asus).
Go to service center , ask the person to look into this problem.

Thank you RAJU for your response but I already asked asus center in Europe and they told me that the only option is to change the entire top which costs 1000 eur. But of course, that's out of the question... The warranty is in USA where the laptop was bought but I live in Europe and anyway, I think already ended.. so the only option remained is to find a new case or to try to straighten as much as possible the damaged one... Do you know where I could find a seller for the top case?
Thank you,
Cristian

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
cristian_motiu

Thank you RAJU for your response but I already asked asus center in Europe and they told me that the only option is to change the entire top which costs 1000 eur. But of course, that's out of the question... The warranty is in USA where the laptop was bought but I live in Europe and anyway, I think already ended.. so the only option remained is to find a new case or to try to straighten as much as possible the damaged one... Do you know where I could find a seller for the top case?

Thank you,

Cristian

View post
sorry i dont know