Star I
System: Windows 10 and BIOS updated latest versions
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX450F
Frequency of occurrence: 50%
Reset OS: Not done yet
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description:Hi, I have an issue with my UX450F. I totally love this notebook, but this issue is totally killing my love for it!

When my book is in sleeping mode, it doesn't matter how (pressing power, from start menu, inactive time or closing lid) it sometimes immediately drains battery to 1%. Even though it was 100% and my battery life is normally between 4 and 9h, it drains to 1% in a minute. When I power it on again, I see the regular Windows login screen and a few seconds after it goes into deep sleep. After that, I can press power for 15 seconds, but the only solution is attaching the AC power. After that it looks like it's charging from 1%. But that's just impossible after a 60-80% or more charge..

I couldn't find a similar case. I'm wondering what to do. OS clean install rather not, takes a lot of time and I'm not sure if it will fix this issue.

Hoping someone has a brilliant solution.

Best Regards, Frank
11 REPLIES 11

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
frank.buiting
  1. System: Windows 10 and BIOS updated latest versions
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: UX450F
  4. Frequency of occurrence: 50%
  5. Reset OS: Not done yet
  6. Screenshot or video: N/A

========================

Detailed description:Hi, I have an issue with my UX450F. I totally love this notebook, but this issue is totally killing my love for it!

When my book is in sleeping mode, it doesn't matter how (pressing power, from start menu, inactive time or closing lid) it sometimes immediately drains battery to 1%. Even though it was 100% and my battery life is normally between 4 and 9h, it drains to 1% in a minute. When I power it on again, I see the regular Windows login screen and a few seconds after it goes into deep sleep. After that, I can press power for 15 seconds, but the only solution is attaching the AC power. After that it looks like it's charging from 1%. But that's just impossible after a 60-80% or more charge..

I couldn't find a similar case. I'm wondering what to do. OS clean install rather not, takes a lot of time and I'm not sure if it will fix this issue.

Hoping someone has a brilliant solution.

Best Regards, Frank

UX450F sleep instant kills battery
if users do clean windows installation also, then many of the applications are running background continuously without our knowledge,
so we have to take following steps.
1. Disable hybernation.
2. disable all running background applications .
3. Delete or disable all registered tasks under task manager.
4. uninstall unused or very rare softwares.
5. set the startup type as disable or manual to unnecessary services.
6. increase virtual memory size.
7. disable all start up items under start up manager.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Frank,
You may run the battery report to see if there is any abnormal issue.
Also, may you double check if your laptop stayed in sleep mode the whole time? and never enter hibernate mode?
How long did you leave the device alone and the battery issue happen?
Thank you.

frank_buiting
Star I
Hi,
Thanks for answering, Raju and Blake.
@Blake_ASUS I've made two battery reports (before it happend and after) and a video showing the issue. It's in Dutch, but I think the battery percentage and the remaining time (3h+) is pretty clear. It's a 3 minute video and it went down from 54% to 0%.
FYI: I'm limiting my maximum charge most of the time to 60%-80% via MyAsus App, but it also happens at 100%.
I'm not able (yet) to post URLS, but I'm trying as uploading of .html or big video is not possible. So sorry forthis.
mega.nz /folder /6s4TnALK#8d9kngpI5gRmNrdtbyP9Tg (put https in front and remove whitespaces)
@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS I'll try your solution when I have more time.
Thank you very much both of you!

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
frank.buiting

Hi,

Thanks for answering, Raju and Blake.

@Blake_ASUS I've made two battery reports (before it happend and after) and a video showing the issue. It's in Dutch, but I think the battery percentage and the remaining time (3h+) is pretty clear. It's a 3 minute video and it went down from 54% to 0%.

FYI: I'm limiting my maximum charge most of the time to 60%-80% via MyAsus App, but it also happens at 100%.

I'm not able (yet) to post URLS, but I'm trying as uploading of .html or big video is not possible. So sorry forthis.

mega.nz /folder /6s4TnALK#8d9kngpI5gRmNrdtbyP9Tg (put https in front and remove whitespaces)

@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS I'll try your solution when I have more time.

Thank you very much both of you!

View post
make zip file of report and upload here