cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX325EA Weird power menu in Win10 with an empty line

gabrio81
Rising Star I

hi,

This bothers me every now and then, i decided to try fixing it. So on a "cold" start i will have this empty line in the power menu, attached.

I just updated the Intel Iris XE latest drivers 31.0.101.4577 with "clean" install and it's still the same.

Win10 Home 64x

Interestingly, if you drag that little side cursor up and down a bit or hover on the Power symbol, then the weird empty line disappears.... 

Ideas? There's no errors whatsoever in Device Manager, Zenbook runs quite well.

thanks!
Gabrio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've just done the following:

- completely removed the video driver, no safe mode - the weird "line" isn't there, and sleep mode isn't there, that told me has to do with how start menu displays the "sleep" option, which i never use by the way.

So, i edited the power menu and hid the "sleep" option. Problem solved, power/shut down menu is good now, moving on, i only use hibernation and this laptop automatically goes to a sort of sleep mode if you don't touch it, hence that sleep button is useless anyway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@gabrio81
You can try to enter the safe mode to see if the problem still occurs. If it does not appear, it means that the program (not the system itself) installed subsequently causes this situation to occur. After that, you can check (remove) the installed programs one by one to confirm whether the problem disappears. But I think backing up the data and restoring the system will save more time. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode

gabrio81
Rising Star I

no strange menu in Safe Mode. Not gonna do one by one sorry, i think it can be the video driver, i always use the latest from Intel, i was wondering if anyone else had this oddity.

I've just done the following:

- completely removed the video driver, no safe mode - the weird "line" isn't there, and sleep mode isn't there, that told me has to do with how start menu displays the "sleep" option, which i never use by the way.

So, i edited the power menu and hid the "sleep" option. Problem solved, power/shut down menu is good now, moving on, i only use hibernation and this laptop automatically goes to a sort of sleep mode if you don't touch it, hence that sleep button is useless anyway.

@gabrio81
Thank you for the information update and sharing.