cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB C - DESK HUB - CHARGE THROUGH COMPATIBLE

AS87
Star I
Hi everybody,
I have an Asus Zenbook 3. I'm writing here just to try to find a solution to my problem.
I need to find an USB C HUB desk which supports the recharge of my notebook through it.
I need it because when i'm working on my desk at home i need to connect a second screen (with HDMI), have some USB ports for USB keys, SD cards, and if possible also an Ethernet cable to use internet as fast as possible. But the point is: while i'm working, i can not disconnect the hub to connect the battery charger loosing all the other devices connections.
I started to use the Asus original 3 ports little desk hub (supplied together the zenbook3) but after time the hub usb c port stopped to work. i think it has been damaged using it for the charge through.
I bought another hub, different brand, but after a few days, i had the same problem.
any suggestions?
THANKS IN ADVANCE
8 REPLIES 8

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello AS87,
May you specify the model exactly? (UX390UA ,UX490UA....)
Was there any update or modification before the original hub not working ?
and all the ports stopped working or only particular function?
Thank you.

AS87
Star I
My model is: UX390U
No modifications or updates, except for windows automatic and periodic updates.
only the Hub usb C port stopped to work (on the original hub and on the other one.
thanks for your reply

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello AS87,
May you check which windows update is closer to the time that issue occurred?
and may I have a picture of the hub and the ports as well?
Thank you.

AS87
Star I
for that hub i'm sure about everything I said.
attached you can find the photo of the hub connected; and the two detailed images of the system updates done after the first connection of it to my pc.
first connection 9 april; it worked for 2 days.
to report: yesterday morning after a rebot it has worked all the morning and then stopped again.
now i'm quite sure the problem is inside the system.

about the ASUS little desk hub: tried again now but all the ports are not working and when i connected it i have not heared any sound from the pc (probably this one is totally corrupted)