This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Failed)

joshuaemerson
Star I
System: Zenbook 14 OLED
Battery or AC: both
Model: Q409Z
Frequency of occurrence: constant
Reset OS: yah
Screenshot or video: yeah
========================
Detailed description:So this is what happens whenever I plug any device into the USB A port on the left side of this laptop. I've reinstalled all the drivers and done all the resets possible. Started after a reinstall, so fuck me I guess. I've done hours of googling and troubleshooting, I work in IT, so if anyone else has any tricks for this issue let me know - Dont waste my time with 'restart it' or whatever. Latest bios (havent tried rolling that back yet)
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
joshuaemerson
  1. System: Zenbook 14 OLED
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: Q409Z
  4. Frequency of occurrence: constant
  5. Reset OS: yah
  6. Screenshot or video: yeah

========================

Detailed description:So this is what happens whenever I plug any device into the USB A port on the left side of this laptop. I've reinstalled all the drivers and done all the resets possible. Started after a reinstall, so fuck me I guess. I've done hours of googling and troubleshooting, I work in IT, so if anyone else has any tricks for this issue let me know - Dont waste my time with 'restart it' or whatever. Latest bios (havent tried rolling that back yet)

Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Failed)
@joshuaemerson
Could you please provide a screenshot for me to confirm?
If you enter to safe mode, does the situation improve?
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode | Official Support | ASUS Global

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.