cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchpad on my Zenbook UX325EA only works when I press alt or fn key

mksnhpc
Star I

Hi,

In the recent past, i was encountering issues with my touchpad and had it replaced (The service center said that they replaced the motherboard too). Till a couple of days the touchpad was working fine, until it started acting up again and started giving me the same issues as before (the ones I had before getting it replaced). But now i realised that it starts working when i press the alt or Fn button and would rarely work without it. Since it's working, i am guessing it's not a hardware issue rather a software one.

Any idea on how can this issue be resolved? I've tried every from updating the drivers, disabling and enabling them, uninstalling them and installing them again and even trying system restore.

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@mksnhpc
Based on your description, as you have already attempted to restore the system but the issue persists, I would believe that this is likely caused by a connectivity issue with the touchpad. I would recommend sending it in for repairs again.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Hi, thanks for the reply. If it was a connectivity issue, why does it 99% of the time register input while accompanied with pressing of the alt or Fn button. Pressing the keys should not have any bearing in that case I reckon. Plus, it was working just fine till like 3-4 days ago. Pretty strange situation, this.

@mksnhpc
As mentioned in the previous response, this may be caused by poor contact, and pressing certain areas of the keyboard restores normal operation of the underlying wiring, allowing it to function properly again. If you want to confirm whether it is a software-related issue, it is recommended to try restoring the system and then check if the problem improves. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.