cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound problems...again

jason3212
Star I

Zenbook Q409, bought December 2022

Was having trouble booting, so I contacted ASUS Support.  They were halfway interested in helping, but eventually we got the computer out of safe boot mode and working again.  Except with no sound.

The computer looked normal except something with the UEFI had changed.  I don't know what that is, but everything was working except the sound.

Contacted ASUS Support again, no help.

Went through all settings, checked everything, read all about it on the internet.

Reinstalled Windows, still no sound.  Finally decided to reinstall the BIOS.  Currently 305, want to get to 310.

Tried to do that in myASUS, fails every time.  Now I just tried it by putting 310 on a flash drive.  Failed again.

Not sure what's worse, the computer's quality or the "support" quality I've been getting.

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@jason3212
If you have already tried restoring the system and the issue persists even in safe mode, then it is likely a hardware issue with the laptop's sound card. We recommend sending it in for repair to further investigate and confirm the problem.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Yeah, I already got that.  Exactly three months out of warranty, well done by you guys.

Now it's an $85 diagnostic, and then more money for parts.  The whole computer was $500.

camilasaunder89
Rising Star I

The best way is to send it to repair but since it costs you too much. Here's what you can do for now, try running the audio troubleshooter to detect the problem. If this doesn't help then update your audio drivers to resolve this problem.

Thanks but this issue is beyond those solutions. Did all of those.