Star II
System: Zenbook Pro Duo
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX582
Frequency of occurrence: Cant find solution
Reset OS: Windows 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: I have recently purchased this laptop and have no issues so far. The only thing that is somehow annoying is setting up a smooth experience when using a mouse with an external monitor. The external monitor is 1080p so I can have the cursor moving smoothly from the main screen and external one reducing the main screen resolution. The issue is that doing so, it then does not move properly between the main screen and screenpad+. I tried playing with the screenpad+ resolution but could not find any of the resolutions good to fix the issue.
Is there any way to make this work? I would like to be able to have the smoothest experience while working as having the cursor moved up or down from one monitor and the other is quite unproductive. If there is any external software that might help me achieve that, it could be an option.
Thanks in advance.
F
6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS
smuzzo2012
  1. System: Zenbook Pro Duo
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: UX582
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Cant find solution
  5. Reset OS: Windows 10
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: I have recently purchased this laptop and have no issues so far. The only thing that is somehow annoying is setting up a smooth experience when using a mouse with an external monitor. The external monitor is 1080p so I can have the cursor moving smoothly from the main screen and external one reducing the main screen resolution. The issue is that doing so, it then does not move properly between the main screen and screenpad+. I tried playing with the screenpad+ resolution but could not find any of the resolutions good to fix the issue.

Is there any way to make this work? I would like to be able to have the smoothest experience while working as having the cursor moved up or down from one monitor and the other is quite unproductive. If there is any external software that might help me achieve that, it could be an option.

Thanks in advance.

F

Smooth mouse transition from Laptop screen to screen pad+ and external monitor
@smuzzo2012
Could you please provide me a video of the operation for me to confirm?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
what are the physical dimensions on your external screen and the alignment of it? do you keep it on the side of the laptop or top of it

smuzzo2012
Star II
The external monitor is a Lenovo 23 Inches. It is kept on the left side of the laptop. The issue is related to the different resolution of the 2 screens.

image.png
Above you can see the current configuration. Basically on the upper and lower side of screen "1", the mouse does not transition directly from 1 to 3. It can only happen when the mouse goes in the middle where the 2 are communicating one another.

smuzzo2012
Star II
mouse-issue.png
Basically, the mouse can only transition within the red lines and get stuck above or below these.