This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal keeps getting lost through HDMI Port and sometimes getting Blue Screen: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

Patroncito
Star I
System: Windows 10 64 Bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX582LR.303
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS: No.... I just got the computer straight out of the box and got too many important files
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I am getting constant lost signal from the HDMI port (the cables are OEM from ASUS and from the box, I am also using an ASUS 4K monitor which works fine on other computers). Sometimes on top of getting a signal lost, I would get a blue screen and the error message  VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and complete shuts off my computer. I ended up losing all my work (sometimes I get to have the recovery from the auto-save but thats besides the point).
I have reinstalled all the most updated drivers, the nvidia ones and it still happens and i am a my wits end with this. how does a brand new 5000$ computer act up like this is beyond me. I need help please as I am a video creator and rely on this for a living. I do not want to factory reset this and reinstall everything as I am sure there has got to be a fix for this. Also i have used the MyAsus agent to troubleshoot things and thats not doing anything either....

Thank you very much guys!!

2 REPLIES 2

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi @Patroncito
For someone to be able to help you, you should try to describe what you were doing when the problem occurs, the software you are working with, were you editing a video, trying to render something, etc...
Concerning the problem itself, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE, look at this link
Bug Check 0x116 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE - Windows driversIt will be a good educational reading for you to understand the problem and also understand the problem you're facing, and perhaps point you out to what you are doing that leads to the problem. Perhaps you're not computer-savvy, but either way it can give you a glimpse on the problem. It may happen not because of the laptop nor asus drivers, but due to the way that the software you're using calls instructions or drivers functions.
So, my recommendation is:
1 - Use the laptop connected to the monitor through HDMI with common operations, like web browsing, work with office documents, see videos, etc, and see if the problem emerges;
2 - Use the laptop without the monitor to perform tasks that usually lead to the problem, and see if the problem appears;
3 - Use the laptop with the monitor for your work and see when the problem appears.
Perhaps after this you'll have a better understanding of the problem itself and can give us more details to try to help you. Also see the documentation of the software and check if it is optimized, or if there's an update for the NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 GPU.
Hope this post can help you sorting the problem. Good luck and don't forget to post your results that can help others, and Asus, to diagnose problems in the future.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Please refer to MotoWiz 's suggestion. He his pretty professional and supportive.
Also, if possible, please kindly check if the issue only happen when you connect to the adapter.
And if you have a different cable, or adapter to connect to type C port, or a different monitor just to cross check,
would be very helpful.
I would like to know the monitor model as well, I can check for further detail about it.
Thank you.