cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenpad is disabled

Lazarov
Star I
Hello,
since about one week I have a problem with my screenpad. When I press the F6 key it says "Touchpad is disabled", I've tried a lot of things after that, until I found out that my driver for the touchpad is missing (so I think, didn't see it in the "Mice and other pointing devices"). After that I've downloaded a driver for the touchpad, but the situation didn't improve. If someone can help me with that I would be very satisfied.
20 REPLIES 20

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Is your screenpad disabled or your touch pad?
And what model laptop do you have?

Falcon_ASUS
Lazarov

Hello,

since about one week I have a problem with my screenpad. When I press the F6 key it says "Touchpad is disabled", I've tried a lot of things after that, until I found out that my driver for the touchpad is missing (so I think, didn't see it in the "Mice and other pointing devices"). After that I've downloaded a driver for the touchpad, but the situation didn't improve. If someone can help me with that I would be very satisfied.

Screenpad is disabled
@Lazarov
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the ScreenPad Plus problems when it is not working properly ...[Notebook] UX580 Troubleshooting - ScreenPad blacked out, doesn't function and fan spin highly | Off...If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Lazarov
Star I
potatosubwoofer

Is your screenpad disabled or your touch pad?

And what model laptop do you have?

View post
My laptop is Zenbook Pro 15
Honestly, the message which pops up on my screen when I click F6 is that my touchpad is disabled, so I can't use my touchpad as well as the screenpad.

Mro123
Star I
Same thing here.
After reinstalling as FAQ says, F6 does nothing, and there is no Touchpad in Device manager.
Any ideas?