This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Zenbook 14 fans/battery after win 11/bios update

Good evening.
I'm the owner of a Zenbook 14 UM425 with a Ryzen 7 4700U. Last week i installed windows 11 and the update of the bios and since then the fans started to work improperly, revving up for no specific reason. They even work when the computer is in state of suspension. For three times in a week i found the pc with the battery completely dead after i suspended it with about 30% of charge remaining. The last time it happened it was in his case in state of suspension for like 15 minutes, and when i took it out of the case i found out it was litterally melting... before the update i had never noticed such things... The worst part is that yesterday i set the hibernation whenever i close the lid so that the fans should not start to work (since the pc is basically turned off) and today it happened again... I replaced the pc iin his cover with about 25 % of the battery and 2 hours later, when i tried to turn it on the battery was dead.. What should i do? i'm so worried because the pc is only 4 months old and before the updates it never had such problems
16 REPLIES 16

I made the sleep study report and this is the screenshot of one of the times when it overheated. It says that it is in state of "screen off" and not in sleep mode. I don't know if there are any differences because i chose the pc is setted to be put in sleep mode whenever i close its lid. The sleep study didn't report any other useful information other than this one. Could the problem be that the pc isn't correctly "sleeping"? How can i solve it?

I also noticed on the sleep state report that when i close the lid the laptop goes in state of "screen off" and after a few seconds it goes in proper sleep mode, but this hasn't happened the last time the pc overheated, in fact, as you can see from the image, it directly passes from "screen off" state to "bugcheck" state, which is due to the forced reboot i had to do pressing the power button, since the pc was burning and couldn't wake from the sleep mode

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabriele,
Looks like an app is working in the background from time to time.
How about if you change the sleep mode to hibernate? it might take longer time to wake up the laptop but it might reduce the frequency of not entering to hibernate.
And can you try in safe mode to see if the same issue happen?
And you can consider if you want to reset the device again.
Thank you.

Hello! unfortunately i already resetted the laptop but it wasn't useful because the same issue appeared even without any program or app installed and as you can read here i also already tried to set the hybernation mode. i really don't know what to do! i basically tried everything but i don't want to switch back to windows 10, i'm paying more attention turning the device off whenever i put it in the case but i would like to solve the problem once for all... i'm scared that, since i haven't read of any problem like this, an eventual upgrade wouldn't be able to solve it
GabrielePorcuz

Good evening.

I'm the owner of a Zenbook 14 UM425 with a Ryzen 7 4700U. Last week i installed windows 11 and the update of the bios and since then the fans started to work improperly, revving up for no specific reason. They even work when the computer is in state of suspension. For three times in a week i found the pc with the battery completely dead after i suspended it with about 30% of charge remaining. The last time it happened it was in his case in state of suspension for like 15 minutes, and when i took it out of the case i found out it was litterally melting... before the update i had never noticed such things... The worst part is that yesterday i set the hibernation whenever i close the lid so that the fans should not start to work (since the pc is basically turned off) and today it happened again... I replaced the pc iin his cover with about 25 % of the battery and 2 hours later, when i tried to turn it on the battery was dead.. What should i do? i'm so worried because the pc is only 4 months old and before the updates it never had such problems

Problem with Zenbook 14 fans/battery after win 11/bios update

Quick update: i am almost sure that the problem occurs when i keep the laptop in my backpack (and inside its cover).