System: Windows 11 Home 64 bit
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook 13 UX325EA
Frequency of occurrence: Most of the time
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description:
I've just tried using the supplied usb c to 3.5mm audio dongle for headphones for the first time. It's unusable- distorted sound, pops and clicks, then occasionally it works. Then back to distorted sound (and sometimes it sounds like the music is at a lower pitch). I've toggled between sources - Realtek speakers then back to dongle. Sometimes this cures it, albeit very briefly, and then it's back to more distorted noise. The internal speakers are working fine.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks,
Ian
14 REPLIES 14

Iand
Star I
Hi,
I tried what you suggested but it doesn't seem to work- see attached screenshot.
screenshot-2022-09-08-222557.png

Iand
Star I
Hi,
As the above didn't work, do you have anything else I can try?

Iand
Star I
Update:
I was frustrated with waiting for a solution from Asus, so I spent £15 of my hard earned cash on a dongle from Currys in the UK. It works perfectly, so clarifies what I initially thought- the fault is with the Asus supplied dongle.

Falcon_ASUS
Iand

Update:

I was frustrated with waiting for a solution from Asus, so I spent £15 of my hard earned cash on a dongle from Currys in the UK. It works perfectly, so clarifies what I initially thought- the fault is with the Asus supplied dongle.

View post
@Iand
If so, then probably the dongle is malfunctioning.
Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.