This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power delivery issue with Dell WD15 docking station plugged into Asus UX425EA laptop

bedebe
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX425EA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Not done
Screenshot or video: No
========================
Detailed description:
Hello everyone,
My Asus laptop computer has a Thunderbolt 4 port, and hence should support charging using a docking station that has a DisplayPort over USB-C output, like my Dell WD15 docking station at home.
When I plug them together, I get everything working on the docking station (HDMI, USB ports, audio jack), but my computer battery won't charge. Does anyone know why? The power adapter that feeds the docking station is a Dell 65W power adapter (19.5V/3.34A), and has the same power as the original Asus adapter (20V/3.25A) that I use to feed the laptop standalone.
I must add that the same docking station fed with the Dell 65W power adapter will successfully deliver power to my Dell Latitude 7490.
Thanks already for your support.
NB: My laptop is running Windows 11, don't know whether this might be related though.
3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
bedebe
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: UX425EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Not done
  6. Screenshot or video: No

========================

Detailed description:

Hello everyone,

My Asus laptop computer has a Thunderbolt 4 port, and hence should support charging using a docking station that has a DisplayPort over USB-C output, like my Dell WD15 docking station at home.

When I plug them together, I get everything working on the docking station (HDMI, USB ports, audio jack), but my computer battery won't charge. Does anyone know why? The power adapter that feeds the docking station is a Dell 65W power adapter (19.5V/3.34A), and has the same power as the original Asus adapter (20V/3.25A) that I use to feed the laptop standalone.

I must add that the same docking station fed with the Dell 65W power adapter will successfully deliver power to my Dell Latitude 7490.

NB: My laptop is running Windows 11, don't know whether this might be related though.

Power delivery issue with Dell WD15 docking station plugged into Asus UX425EA laptop
Mostly Dell manufactured devices are compatible with Dell laptops and desktops, such a way Dell will manufacture.
You pluged in Asus laptop, so j cannot give 100 % working guarantee.

Falcon_ASUS
bedebe
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: UX425EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Not done
  6. Screenshot or video: No

========================

Detailed description:

Hello everyone,

@bedebe
Like the replies of other users, the situation reflected is usually caused by the compatibility of the device, so we suggest you to ask the device manufacturer about its compatibility. Thank you.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.