This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to use ScreenPad Plus on Zenbook Duo as a drawing tablet for Photoshop?

bradyhall
Star II
I just got my ZenBook Duo UX582 and was under the impression I could set up the ScreenPad Plus as a drawing tablet for Photoshop, the way a Wacom works, but it seems like I have to drag the photoshop window down tot he screenpad and work on it all there. I am used to my Wacom tablet that is not a screen tablet and an old fashioned drawing tablet. Is there something I am missing? I just want the ScreenPad to be a dumb drawing tablet and not "draw on the image" down there as the brightness is not as good as the main laptop screen. I want to use the pen on the ScreenPad and have the image be on the main screen.

Help computer.
5 REPLIES 5

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi,
There's the possibility to disable the special Photoshop table that appears when you open Photoshop, and then use the screenpad in touchpad mode. Never tried it but I think that this is what you're looking for.
See this video from Asus:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045284/

bradyhall
Star II
I can get the touchpad up, but using the pen doesn't do anything in Photoshop. With a Wacom tablet and pen, you can use the pen as a mouse, but it doesn't seem to be possible with the Zenbook Duo unless I a missing something. This is MASSIVELY disappointing as I wanted to be able to travel without dragging a Wacom along. Does Asus really think people want to draw on a vertical screen?????

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Brady,
I'm sorry that the screenpad plus is not designed to be used as a professional graphics tablet.
It's more like a second touch screen for you to extend the main screen.
Thank you.

bradyhall
Star II
That's really sad. Why include a pen with the laptop if the screenpad is useless for drawing???? I'm sure tons of people would love a simple app that converts the screenpad to a drawing tablet. That seems like a simple thing you could do that would really expand the artistic capabilities of this laptop.