Star I
System: Zenbook UX333F
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX333F
Frequency of occurrence: constant
Reset OS: Win 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:When waking up from sleep, my session displayed for 1 second, then I got a green "Hibernating" screen with the twirling dots that I can't get out of. I can shut the PC down by holding the power button in for a few seconds, but when it starts up again, after displaying the Asus logo, the same thing happens again (brief display of my Windows session, then the Hibernating screen).
I have tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds, same result as holding it in for five seconds.
I have not been able to access the boot options menu any way. I have tried, once the Asus logo displays, to hold in, one at a time, all these keys: Esc, F2, F8, F10, Del. Same result as just turning the PC on.
Suggestions appreciated. I am dead in the water now.
5 REPLIES 5

delawie
Star I
In response to your question, what appeared on the screen each time the laptop powered up was about one second of my previous session, followed by the word "Hibernating" with a circle of moving dots above it on a green background.
I tried many different things (Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc), but finally recovered control of the computer by closing the lid and leaving it for a few minutes. When I opened the laptop again, the regular lock screen came up, and I could log on. Perhaps this was because the system was set to go to sleep when the lid was closed.
I disabled automatic hibernation as soon as I regained control and was able to log in.
Thanks for the suggestions.