Star I
System: Zenbook 14x OLED
Battery or AC: battery
Model: UX5400E touch screen
Frequency of occurrence: every time
Reset OS: yes
Screenshot or video:
=screenshot=======================
Detailed description:less than month old since purchased and just got round to switching it on. Allowed laptop 4hrs to charge initially and set up went without issue.
Soon as I unplugged the USBC power cable l,aptop went blank and no response from power button or anything else.
Only way could boot up was with power cable. I went through MyAsus and it suggested bios update as well as reinstalling drivers and resetting laptop, non of that resolved the issue.
Diagnostics Just mentioned to raise a ticket with technical support.
Is there anything else that I can do? Windows updates are all done too. It shows battery fully charged, it simply just doesn't work without the charging cable engaged.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
Kads
  1. System: Zenbook 14x OLED
  2. Battery or AC: battery
  3. Model: UX5400E touch screen
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every time
  5. Reset OS: yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

=screenshot=======================

Detailed description:less than month old since purchased and just got round to switching it on. Allowed laptop 4hrs to charge initially and set up went without issue.

Soon as I unplugged the USBC power cable l,aptop went blank and no response from power button or anything else.

Only way could boot up was with power cable. I went through MyAsus and it suggested bios update as well as reinstalling drivers and resetting laptop, non of that resolved the issue.

Diagnostics Just mentioned to raise a ticket with technical support.

Is there anything else that I can do? Windows updates are all done too. It shows battery fully charged, it simply just doesn't work without the charging cable engaged.

Laptop doesn't boot up with battery
@Kads
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the battery cannot provide power/be charged, or be fully cha...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.