tylerlett
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Issue With Zenbook Battery Life
Model: Zenbook 14
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: No

When I first purchased my Asus Zenbook 14 my battery life regularly lasted 10+ hours. Three weeks into owning this laptop my battery life declined to 3-5 hours and my fan was running hard when I charged it. I contacted Asus and they got me to reset my bios, do a system restore, and reinstall my battery driver. I'm not sure what one of these worked, but my battery life was back to normal. A few days ago however this issue persisted. Does anyone know what's causing this?Is it an issue with bios? Is it an issue with windows updates? One other thing I forgot to mention; when my laptop's battery life was working properly it had a very difficult time calculating the expected battery life. It continuously bounced around between 10 hours and 4 hours for the first 20%.
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello tylerlett, Which model are you having? UX433FN/FA, UX431....or even UX434? All the things you mention will affect battery life. I assumed your BIOS should be the latest, but you can double check with our official support website https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-14-UX433FN/HelpDesk_Download/ And please check if you Windows is updating, complete all the updates. The expected battery life is calculated according to the battery usage at that moment, so it is possible to be varied. Thank you.

tylerlett
Star I
blake_ASUS posted on 2019/10/31 17:48 Hello tylerlett, Which model are you having? UX433FN/FA, UX431....or even UX434?
I have a UX433FA. My bios is the latest and I am up to date on updates

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
tylerlett posted on 2019/11/1 20:56 I have a UX433FA. My bios is the latest and I am up to date on updates
i need battery reports from you copy and paste the following in CMD and press enter powercfg.exe /ENERGY -output C:\Energy-Report02-11-2019.html /duration 240 powercfg.exe /BATTERYREPORT -output C:\Battery-Report02-11-2019.html /duration 14 reports are saved in C drive . upload the file in google drive , share the link