This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental slowdowns - sudden short system freezes or slows down - "ASUSoptimization" service issue

samuelaviv
Star III
System: Win 11
Battery or AC:
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: every 5-10ish minutes
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
Recently, I believe in the last few days, I started experiencing incremental slowdowns (suddenly the system freezes or slows down substantially for 3-5 seconds - mouse stuck, typing freeze, etc..), every few minutes it happens again, it is immediately followed by a quick flashing of the taskbar icons while the file explorer becomes unresponsive and its title bar or the scroll bar may flash white for a moment.
This is very disrupting while working and it is maddening in games.
I have gone through a 5 hour troubleshoot session by performing a clean reboot by disabling all services and apps with "msconfig", and I have managed to find to culprit service. If I disable the "ASUSoptimization process" it doesn't happen anymore, so I tried leaving it disabled but it seems there are all sorts of dependencies in the background on this service and so the FN row on the keyboard doesn't work and it crashed when after some time playing a game.
I have tried to figure out what is the driver that is responsible for this service to maybe rollback, but I could only identify two drivers in device manager that might be related - "ASUS ScreenXpert interface" and "ASUS system control interface v3" So I rolled them back but that didn't help.
What driver is responsible for the ASUSoptimization service? can I fix this in any way?
Please help.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
samuelaviv
  1. System: Win 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: UX581GV
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every 5-10ish minutes
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello,

Recently, I believe in the last few days, I started experiencing incremental slowdowns (suddenly the system freezes or slows down substantially for 3-5 seconds - mouse stuck, typing freeze, etc..), every few minutes it happens again, it is immediately followed by a quick flashing of the taskbar icons while the file explorer becomes unresponsive and its title bar or the scroll bar may flash white for a moment.

This is very disrupting while working and it is maddening in games.

I have gone through a 5 hour troubleshoot session by performing a clean reboot by disabling all services and apps with "msconfig", and I have managed to find to culprit service. If I disable the "ASUSoptimization process" it doesn't happen anymore, so I tried leaving it disabled but it seems there are all sorts of dependencies in the background on this service and so the FN row on the keyboard doesn't work and it crashed when after some time playing a game.

I have tried to figure out what is the driver that is responsible for this service to maybe rollback, but I could only identify two drivers in device manager that might be related - "ASUS ScreenXpert interface" and "ASUS system control interface v3" So I rolled them back but that didn't help.

What driver is responsible for the ASUSoptimization service? can I fix this in any way?

Please help.

Incremental slowdowns - sudden short system freezes or slows down - "ASUSoptimization" service issue
@samuelaviv
Have you tried to restore the system?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i felt the same, asus software is not good, even if you reset it will start doing the same thing within a week due to one or the other update