This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade Samsung 1TB M.2 Pcl4 to a 2TB M.2 under the Asus warranty?

FongPoui
Rising Star II
System: WIndows 11
Battery or AC:
Model: UX8402ZE
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Yesterday, I wanted to upgrade the SSD M.2 Nvme 1TB (Samsung) to a WD 2TB. I found that there was a Void on the samsung SSD. The technician advised me to contact Asus center in order to avoid problems. At Asus center, I have to buy a new 2TB from Asus center or I can buy one from any sources and pay a service to Asus center to replace the old one?

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS
FongPoui
  1. System: WIndows 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: UX8402ZE
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Yesterday, I wanted to upgrade the SSD M.2 Nvme 1TB (Samsung) to a WD 2TB. I found that there was a Void on the samsung SSD. The technician advised me to contact Asus center in order to avoid problems. At Asus center, I have to buy a new 2TB from Asus center or I can buy one from any sources and pay a service to Asus center to replace the old one?

How to upgrade Samsung 1TB M.2 Pcl4 to a 2TB M.2 under the Asus warranty?
@FongPoui
Yes, you can buy a 2TB SSD from any sources and pay a service to Asus center to replace it. 
Thank you.

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Steps are given below-
Swipe up on the home screen to access your apps.
Tap Settings.
Tap Software update.
Tap Download updates manually.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

FongPoui
Rising Star II
I did replace my samsung 1TB by a samsung 2TB 980 PRO . The replace at Asus Service Center at Fortune was successfully done. I did want to wait for 3 days for windows installation from ASC. So I asked if after restarting the zenbook, the installation will automatically restart and proceed to install windows to my new drive.
The ASC said no,I had to use my own windows to reinstall the OS. I was a bit disappointed because ASUS should provide a good windows reinstallation.
I proceeded to install windows 11 from a USB and found that wondows cpuld not see my new 2 TB drive ( already recognized by BIOS). After searching on Google, it said I needed to download IRST from intel.
I rentered the BIOS and "fortunately" found Cloud recovery. So I decided to use this option. It take nearly an hour to get back the system configuration and the reinstallation of windows 11. That was the question asked to the ASC who gave me a wrong answer (No, you have to install a new windows of your own windows. I clearly cited the ease of Mac system and I expected that is done by ASUS. )
So, what I would like to tell here is that the ASC at Fortune Center in Bangkok was not qualified to explain me that I could recover all windows 11 and microsoft office by proceeding to Cloud recovery pre-existing in ASUS BIOS. The clients do not need to use their own windows. This cloud recovery is like a good service of Mac system!!!
After using cloud recovery, I did not need to use IRST that I had downloaded from Intel web site, neither the windows installation from my USB.
Finally, after discovring this experience by myself, I was satisfied with the ASUS Cloud recovery which reinstall windows 11 and microsoft office in my Samsung Pro 2TB.
For sure, I decided to proceed to reinstall Windows in my 2TB drive because I didn't want to wait for the ASC to do that, which would take 3 days...

popolino1909
Star III
I don't see any obstacles to this