This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add boot from USB option to American Megatrends 2012 BIOS

PBPBPBPB
Star I

Hello, I am stuck, and I hope someone can help, please! I cannot change my Asus laptop BIOS to include booting from a USB memory stick. My laptop is an Asus UX32V and the BIOS is American Megatrends 2012 (version 2.25.1226).

The article "How to boot the system from USB flash drive/CD-ROM" at https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013017/ takes you through updating legacy BIOS, but, after carefully following the steps described (Disable Fast Boot, Enable Launch CSM,  Disable Secure Boot, Save & Exit), it still doesn't work.

The Boot page includes an Add New Boot Option, but I have no idea what to type (and the Internet hasn't helped much). Do I type "USB-HDD" for a memory stick or perhaps "USB-FDD" (for a memory stick formatted with FAT32 as required by Asus)? Can anyone please tell me exactly how to add a USB boot option?

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@PBPBPBPB
If you have referred to the FAQ instructions but still cannot find the relevant options, it is possible that, due to the fact that your laptop model is from a very early release, there is a greater likelihood that it does not have the necessary options for configuration. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

PBPBPBPB
Star I

Thanks very much, Falcon_ASUS. I think I had better take the laptop to a repairer in the local computer arcade to see what he can do.