cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI video freezes

Njb01
Star II

Hi,

Two days ago, all was OK, but yesterday I had an HDMI problem. When I start to stream from the internet using my external TV, the video freezes but the sound starts immediately. The video starts around 5-10 seconds later and they remain out of sync. If I unplug the HDMI cable then the video on the laptop screen does a comedy fast forward and normal sync is recovered. 
So far I have tried: different HDMI lead, different TV, reboot laptop, different streaming service, all to no effect. Laptop is fine on its own, but as soon as I plug in the HDMI then both laptop and TV video freezes, while the sound continues. This is unwatchable. 
As I did not change anything then either the HDMI driver is corrupted or a background Win 11 update has thrown problem in. 
I am relatively tech savvy, but would appreciate advice especially on whether a graphics driver reinstall is possible/safe, and how best to do this. 
My Zenbook is a UX3402ZA with the i5-1240P config, running Win 11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found it. An update had resulted in the browser enabling hardware acceleration. Unticked the box and all was fixed

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Njb01
Star II

So, I managed to delete the evo graphics and get them back. No change. I am beginning to suspect a hardware fault

Found it. An update had resulted in the browser enabling hardware acceleration. Unticked the box and all was fixed

@Njb01 
Thank you for your information update.

Njb01
Star II

Same happening with the USB to HDMI converter, which uses a different driver. It must be the laptop, so what could have changed? Could a windows update affect the graphics settings or is it far more involved?