System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX581GV-XB94T
Frequency of occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
image.jpg

Detailed description:
Sometimes I have green or gray artifacts that appear on some parts of the screenpad +. It seems to target a certain range of colors and move with the videos, images I move accross the screen etc...
I rebooted many times but It does not work at all.
14 REPLIES 14

Xaryi
Star III
So should I send it back to tech support ? Nobody seems to have an answer

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi @Xaryi,
You should do as @Blake_ASUS asked you before, this way he can try to sort it and give you better advice.
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

Does the same thing happen on the main screen?

Can I have a video of the issue ?

And does this issue happen out of a sudden or since you have been using the laptop?

Thank you.

View post

Liviu
Rising Star II
Make sure you updated to the latest BIOS. This was a known issue like 2 years ago. Also, if you upgrade to the latest version, you should know that you lose the option to overclock or underclock your laptop. This is really a bad way to fix issues, we bought the I9HK over the I7 just to have more power and control, but they take it away from you due to bugs and other issues that they have, not you.
Also, stay away from the Nvidia and Intel drivers from Asus, there's something wrong with them. While in idle, my laptop fans stop and the temp goes almost to the maximum with CPU close to 60% without having any task running in the background. Once I have installed the drivers from Intel and Nvidia site, my laptop stays cool.
This happened to me twice with fresh reset of Windows.

Liviu
Rising Star II
I hope that those drivers do not mine any coins without our knowledge, I'm not saying that they do, but someone should check them thoroughly because it is easily reproducible.

Xaryi
Star III
Liviu

Make sure you updated to the latest BIOS. This was a known issue like 2 years ago. Also, if you upgrade to the latest version, you should know that you lose the option to overclock or underclock your laptop. This is really a bad way to fix issues, we bought the I9HK over the I7 just to have more power and control, but they take it away from you due to bugs and other issues that they have, not you.

Also, stay away from the Nvidia and Intel drivers from Asus, there's something wrong with them. While in idle, my laptop fans stop and the temp goes almost to the maximum with CPU close to 60% without having any task running in the background. Once I have installed the drivers from Intel and Nvidia site, my laptop stays cool.

This happened to me twice with fresh reset of Windows.

View post
Than you for this answer, I use asus' intel drivers because I was affraid of power control issues with intel ones. At the point where I am with asus' support of this "high end" computer I am not looking forwad overclocking so I will try your solution.
Asus is known for sh... bad things like this one, as another example you can't plug a Valve Index on a 4500€ computer advertised as VR ready...
I will ask blake for advice one more but since I posted here I had another issue with the fan hiting something inside the computer (obnoxious clicking noize) so I thing I will use the waranty anyway.