Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing ZenBook sleep/wake issues

Mark_Trend
Star I

Model: Asus Zenbook Flip UX461UA and possibly other ZenBook models
BIOS: 321 (latest)
------------------------------

There are many threads describing problems with this and other ZenBooks where the laptop would freeze on sleep/hibernate and never resume, usually getting hot and draining battery until a power-down was forced (holding the power button for 10 seconds). This thread got me very close to fixing the issue https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenbook/zenbook-will-not-wake-up-from-sleep/td-p/104916 but it continued getting worse with each Windows update.

What seems to have finally fixed it for me is reinstating the latest Asus official video driver. This might sound obvious, but having read so many other suggestions in various threads the official driver was unfortunately the last thing I tried. The driver installed by Windows Update (possibly the same as Intel's official driver) is the one causing all the ZenBook sleep/wake issues, and as onka2003 mentioned in the thread above, Intel isn't likely to fix it any time soon.

Here's the steps to reinstate the official Asus driver:

1. Download and extract the latest driver from Asus support (26.2.100 for the UX461UA)
  2. Uninstall the existing Windows/Intel driver (v30+): Device Manager > Display > Intel UHD Graphics 620 > Uninstall device
  3. Reboot
  4. Windows 10: run the video driver installer downloaded from Asus
  5. Windows 11: the video driver installer doesn't run on Win11 so use Device Manager instead: Device Manager > Display > Intel UHD Graphics 620 > Update driver > Browse my computer > (directory of extracted driver from Asus)
  6. Might need another reboot here

No need for any of the other workarounds like disabling connected standby or disabling Intel Audio Displays.

Repeat these steps if Windows Update ever updates the video driver (video drivers are currently still a manual selection in Windows Update so should be able to avoid this happening).

0 REPLIES 0