Rising Star II
System: Windows 11 22H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX8402ZE
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:After alerted for the new update of MyAsus to version 3.1.12.0, I tried to search for that version. First from Microsoft App store. Found nothing, continued on the Asus web site for Bio and Drivers and found that there is a driver for Fingerprint Biometrix autentification for my model. I didn't know if mine can do that or not. After downloading, I installed it successfully. That seems to mean that this software can find a fingerprint biometrix authentifcation hardware. But I fond nothing on the Account login. Trying to get information from the below link How to fix Fingerprint recognition problem..., I found nothing. The web does not exist.
The question is mine can use fingerprint authentification? If not, why Asus put this driver in this model support (precisely UX8402ZE)?
image.png

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
FongPoui
  1. System: Windows 11 22H2
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX8402ZE
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:After alerted for the new update of MyAsus to version 3.1.12.0, I tried to search for that version. First from Microsoft App store. Found nothing, continued on the Asus web site for Bio and Drivers and found that there is a driver for Fingerprint Biometrix autentification for my model. I didn't know if mine can do that or not. After downloading, I installed it successfully. That seems to mean that this software can find a fingerprint biometrix authentifcation hardware. But I fond nothing on the Account login. Trying to get information from the below link How to fix Fingerprint recognition problem..., I found nothing. The web does not exist.

The question is mine can use fingerprint authentification? If not, why Asus put this driver in this model support (precisely UX8402ZE)?

image.png

Fingerprint Biometrix Authentification
@FongPoui
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Falcon_ASUS
FongPoui
  1. System: Windows 11 22H2
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX8402ZE
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

image.png

Fingerprint Biometrix Authentification
@FongPoui
It has been confirmed that this is an error in the back-end.
This model does not have a fingerprint recognition function.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.