Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan speed 100% from startup but MyAsus says the fan is ok

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX482EG Zenbook Duo 14 2021
Frequency of occurrence: Just now, but all the time with no fluctuations. From boot to shutdown the fans are spinning at 100%
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Suddenly my fans are spinning at 100%. The device woke up from sleep and started cranking and GPU temperature is at 41 deg CPU at 1% usage. How do I stop it? How do I fix it?
13 REPLIES 13

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
potatosubwoofer

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164596#Comment_164596

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164614#Comment_164614

I meant more like it was spinning at full for a few hours for no reason. I left it to see if it would go away on it's own but it didn't.

I did figure it was a sleep state problem and I managed to make it stop by shutting it down on battery, plugging it in and then turning it on while plugged in (or some combination of such). Very strange, as I certainly wouldn't want this to happen while I was away from my charger (and for that matter it really shouldn't happen at all)

View post
May you specify what did you change in setting?
Thank you.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
MotoWiZ

Ok, that kind of behaviour I've never witnessed. Can it be some software it the background that controls the fan, like a temperature monitor or something else you have installed?

View post
Yeah I deliberately didn't download anything here but I know what you mean because I used similar things on my old McBook Pro. I trust Asus's power management stuff especially with the flagship zenbook attention this model is getting so i go against my engineer instincts and don't try to modify it too much. Must have been a bios glitch of some sort waking the CPU from sleep as far as I understand

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164705#Comment_164705

May you specify what did you change in setting?

Thank you.

View post
I didn;t change any settings actually, my power plan is the Asus recommended and running both whisper mode and performance mode from the MyAsus control panel.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Sorry I'm really confused.
"I did figure it was a sleep state problem and I managed to make it stop by shutting it down on battery, plugging it in and then turning it on while plugged in (or some combination of such)."
so the issue is only when the laptop is not connected with the adapter?
Well...then we may dig in the power setting, the sleep/hibernate setting are different on AC/DC mode.
So waking up from sleep mode and hibernate mode would have different behavior as well.
Thank you.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
No it was not an issue with the adapter from what I can understand it was an issue with the processor waking from sleep in the wrong power mode and as I understand putting it into low power state on battery and then waking it up on AC caused it to change the mode it was in erroneously beforehand