pabbipabbi
Star I
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Model: UX581G
Description: Screen Error
Battery or AC: AC
System: Windows 10
Reset OS: Yes

Last edited by pabbipabbi on 2020/1/27 22:08 Hi, Every time I start my system, just before the loging screen, I get this white box on the screen. Sometimes it is just white and at time has ring lines, like the display has gone faulty. It is always the same box that appears. It has only been 10 days since I got this and this error comes in every time. This display error goes away as soon as the login screen comes up. I've updated the display drivers and also tried resetting the laptop to its factory defaults, but the display box seems to be every times when windows starts. I got in touch with Asus support and they are not willing to help me. I even offered to send them a video or an image of it, but they just directed me to get in touch with Amazon for refund. I don't know it this display error supposed to be there or is it just me who gets it?
11 REPLIES 11

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
I am sure it's corrupted built in graphics card driver. Just to verify , boot the Windows into safemode. work for few minutes. Then shutdown and start the Windows

pabbipabbi
Star I
Last edited by pabbipabbi on 2020/1/28 19:47 After going in and out of safe mode, the box didn't appear for couple of reboots, but then it came back. It did appear couple of times, just once, after I was logged in, instead of before login screen, which was new. Both the Intel and gforce drivers are up to date. Not sure where the problem could be.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
pabbipabbi posted on 2020/1/28 23:29 After going in and out of safe mode, the box didn't appear for couple of reboots, but th ...
I am sure primary monitor connected with Intel graphis driver. disable all start up applications . delete all task schedulers applications. use CCleaner software to unwanted registry keys. make it optimize the harddisk. could you tell me the graphics driver version that your windows have installed now

pabbipabbi
Star I
Intel UHD Graphics 630 26.20.100.7323 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 26.21.14.4187 Nothing running in the startup apps. I've also tried disabling all non-microsift services as and reboot.