This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Temperature Rises while charging in idle condition & fan runs continuously

King-K
Star I

my zenbook 14 um3402Y runs smoothly but as soon as I pluged in CPU temperature increases from 40 degree to 80 and fan runs continuously until i unplug the charger. when i plug in the charger and in idle condition my fan runs continuously. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@King-K 
After connecting the AC power, the laptop will enter high-performance mode, so the observed behavior should be considered normal. Alternatively, we suggest checking the relevant settings in the power configuration. Please also ensure that the BIOS and system versions you are using are updated to the latest versions. Thank you.
[Windows 11/10] Change Power mode and plan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@King-K 
After connecting the AC power, the laptop will enter high-performance mode, so the observed behavior should be considered normal. Alternatively, we suggest checking the relevant settings in the power configuration. Please also ensure that the BIOS and system versions you are using are updated to the latest versions. Thank you.
[Windows 11/10] Change Power mode and plan

I have kept my power mode to balanced and the best power efficiency back and forth but still the laptop CPU temps rises and the fan continues to spin until I unplug the charger.  Its bothersome to me.

My BIOS is up to date with UM3402YAR.302